New content for the "best practices for attribution" wiki page

Yuanxiao Xu

Aug 8, 2022, 6:49:10 PM8/8/22
to licenses-m...@creativecommons.org
Hello,

We have drafted a new version of the attribution guide. Once finalized, it will replace the existing wiki page on attribution: https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/best_practices_for_attribution
Here's a bit more context — Our attribution guide has not been updated for many years. During the intervening years, new technologies and media have become widely adopted, new expectations on the norms associated with attribution have developed, and (unfortunately) copyright trolls started exhorting money from users who didn't attribute well. We wanted to create a new version of the attribute guide to accommodate these changes.Please let us know if you have any thoughts/suggestions. We especially want to hear from you if you think we have left anything important out. You can comment directly in the Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18B1e3mtEoqJ02EzqDuUuDHB4OrGp4IbaJLVyUxkvn0g/edit#heading=h.7ljpxnclp405

Thank you for your help and support!
Yuanxiao