Costuming Events - Frozen in Carbonite - signs of thaw?

Anne Davenport

Feb 7, 2021, 10:22:19 PM2/7/21
to ICG Costume Chat
So, I don't recall any of those SF short stories (from the 1940's-50's-50's) magazines talking about a 21st century pandemic. So many things that they missed ... the internet, video games, microwave popcorn .....

Anyway, all our costuming/cosplaying venues are shut down for now, with no definite re-start date, I couldn't help but speculate when things might start happening.

Small SF conventions/ conferences < 1000 attendees
Required situation -- > 50% inoculation rate, open restaurants, facilities large enough to allow social distancing,  < 100 new Covid cases per day in state/province/Covid quarantine area.

Medium SF conventions/ conferences > 1000 and < 6000 attendees
Required situation -- > 70% inoculation rate, open restaurants, open stores, facilities large enough to allow social distancing,  < 10 new Covid cases per day in state/province/Covid quarantine area.

Large SF conventions/ conferences > 6000 attendees
Required situation -- > 90% inoculation rate, open restaurants, open stores, large sporting events allowed, facilities large enough to allow social distancing,  < rare new Covid cases per day in state/province/Covid quarantine area.

Sigh.  I am not expecting things to be open for a while.  But I do have masks that match all my costumes, because I don't think that is going to go out of style anytime soon.  And if all the Covid precautions have really knocked down flu season, maybe it will work on con crud.

Anne D.