Windows support

Louis-Simon Houde

Nov 9, 2021, 4:19:19 PM11/9/21
to onion-dev
Hello,

I was wondering if I could build it with cygwin or is it a bad idea. I'm looking at existing c framework and they seem to ignore Windows. I was wondering why all C seems to be more linux oriented. Should I switch OS for C development ? I'm a beginner in C although I develop in many other languages.

Thanks

David Moreno Montero

Nov 10, 2021, 4:59:17 AM11/10/21
to Louis-Simon Houde, onion-dev
Hi,

it should work with cygwin, or with the Windows Subsystem for Linux.

Anyway.. if you are learning and want to learn C, make yourself a favor and give Linux a hard try. It is harder to start with, but really worths. And everything you learn can be used in other systems.

Regards,
David.

Louis-Simon Houde

Nov 10, 2021, 10:53:13 AM11/10/21