compiling from git errors for RPI2 trusty tar

emac...@g3dsys.com

Apr 13, 2016, 7:48:00 PM4/13/16
to onion-dev
Hiya guys doing a little project that needs onion and running into a snag compiling onion form source on RPI2 with trusty tar..

Everything looked good till 67% ish and got my SSL error... im not sure how to exactly disable it in the .txt   i have gcrypt and gnutls installed  but i dont need SSL anyhow... I was able to disable it but had to remove examples also... so i think i did it incorrectly that also halted compile in the 85% area.... any help be much appreciated  maybe i forgot a dependency  but i thought i did them all...

IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0085.JPG

Zachary Grafton

Apr 13, 2016, 9:24:32 PM4/13/16
to emac...@g3dsys.com, onion-dev

Hi,
It's a little hard to tell what happened from the pictures. Could you send us the full cmake output? Also, what version of gcc and the supporting libraries are you using?
Thanks,
Zack

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016, 19:48 <emac...@g3dsys.com> wrote:
Hiya guys doing a little project that needs onion and running into a snag compiling onion form source on RPI2 with trusty tar..

Everything looked good till 67% ish and got my SSL error... im not sure how to exactly disable it in the .txt   i have gcrypt and gnutls installed  but i dont need SSL anyhow... I was able to disable it but had to remove examples also... so i think i did it incorrectly that also halted compile in the 85% area.... any help be much appreciated  maybe i forgot a dependency  but i thought i did them all...

David Moreno Montero

Apr 14, 2016, 2:36:05 AM4/14/16
to Zachary Grafton, Eric Machala, onion-dev

Hi,

In the first screenshot looks like its missing #include <onion/log.h> at that file. Maybe in our builds its getting it transitively from another file...

I will try to have a better look later and push changes.

The second looks like it depends on examples for the tests, but should not.

If you just want to compile, disable tests too, or try to fix the first error and maybe it will finish compiling examples and tests.

Regards,
david

Zachary Grafton

Apr 14, 2016, 6:24:07 AM4/14/16
to David Moreno Montero, Eric Machala, onion-dev

David,
Are you sure? It's not finding ONION_WARNING when trying to compile the line ONION_WARNING ("Please compile with gnutls...
To me that looks like cmake didn't find gnutls. As for the second build attempt, it looks like he fixed it, but the cmake cache is probably in some indeterminate state.  However, it's hard to tell without something more descriptive than photos. What would be best for troubleshooting would be the CMakeOutput.log file from the CMakeFiles directory in his build folder.

Zack

David Moreno Montero

Apr 14, 2016, 8:45:46 AM4/14/16
to Zachary Grafton, Eric Machala, onion-dev

The error says ONION_WARNING was not declared in this scope.

The rest is what the warning is supposed to say, that no https is compiled in.

I will check later to compile without gnutls, but almost sure it's that in that place...

The other error looks like some cmake build script bug. Expecting something that is not compiled.

Regards,
David.

G3D

Apr 14, 2016, 9:03:17 AM4/14/16
to onion-dev, zachary...@gmail.com, emac...@g3dsys.com
THANKS david you nailed it on the head... Yes second attempted was screwy cause i was hacking makefile and examples tests up.. so i knew it wouldn't work right...

Multiport-cpp multiport.cpp was missing #include <onion/log.h> there was even a space in between  includes where it was missing from... after adding it i compiled to 100% and its working great Thanks so much

David Moreno Montero

Apr 14, 2016, 9:03:50 AM4/14/16
to Zachary Grafton, Eric Machala, onion-dev
Hi,

just pushed a one line patch with "#include <onion/log.h>" and it compiles when no gnutls (brand new Fedora23 installation).

Eric, can you try it on Raspberry Pi?

Regards,
David.

Eric Machala

Apr 14, 2016, 9:05:22 AM4/14/16
to David Moreno Montero, Zachary Grafton, onion-dev

Yes its working great now

David Moreno Montero

Apr 14, 2016, 9:11:50 AM4/14/16
to Eric Machala, Zachary Grafton, onion-dev
Eric,

the second error I cant reproduce, but me gut says that you managed to compile onion removing the add_directory(tests) on the main CMakeFile.txt, is it true?

If its that, then everything ok. If not I have to keep searching for a possible bug.

Regards,
David.

G3D

Apr 14, 2016, 9:20:28 AM4/14/16
to onion-dev, emac...@g3dsys.com, zachary...@gmail.com
Yeah everything is working great now thanks on x86 ubuntu and RPI