Announce: Onion-based application server

tark...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2016, 10:24:16 PM3/8/16
to onion-dev
Hello,
  I have an application to add to Onion's list.
I wrote an application server in C that uses Onion.
It features server-side javascript (via Duktape[1]), in-memory key/value store with expiry,
configuration via xml, and support for loadable handlers.

I called it Cepa, and it's available at https://github.com/sgmesservey/cepa.
The license is Apache2, to comply with Onion's license.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into Onion!

-Steve
[1] http://duktape.org/index.html

Zachary Grafton

Mar 14, 2016, 8:04:49 AM3/14/16
to onion-dev, tark...@gmail.com
Steve,

That's a pretty cool project. I've been attempting something similar, but using clang and llvm in place of DukTape, that way I could use C++ or C in the handler methods. It's cool to see onion used on these kinds of things.

Zack

tark...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2016, 11:27:15 PM3/24/16
to onion-dev
Thanks! I had toyed with the Tiny C Compiler (tcc) at one point, but tcc is still a little buggy.
Good luck with your project!

-Steve