12-cloexec test failing

Zachary Grafton

Mar 16, 2016, 9:43:15 AM3/16/16
to onion-dev
David,

I'm getting a test failure in the 12-cloexec test due to /dev/urandom being open. Do you have any ideas on why this happening or how to fix it?

Zack

David Moreno Montero

Mar 17, 2016, 4:39:02 AM3/17/16
to Zachary Grafton, onion-dev
It can be open by the onion_random_*, that uses gnutls random routines if available or /dev/urandom if not.

I guess you have the problem as you compiled without gnutls. I'm adding the CLOEXEC flag now to the default implementation.

Regards,
David.

David Moreno Montero

Mar 17, 2016, 4:46:04 AM3/17/16
to Zachary Grafton, onion-dev
Actually the problem is WITH gnutls, the non gnutls uses it only to seed the srand function. Checking what what we do...

David Moreno Montero

Mar 17, 2016, 5:14:11 AM3/17/16
to Zachary Grafton, onion-dev
And it has CLOEXEC set (checked looking source code and using strace), but anyway it leaks. Any idea?

https://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/clang/report-BfBbI3.html

David.