"include" in a requirements file?

Chris Barker

Jul 19, 2022, 7:36:05 PM7/19/22
to conda
I'm trying to figure out a way to manage the multiple levels of requirements for a complex package. Currently, I have four(!) requirements files:

conda_requirements.txt for run-time requirements
conda_requirements_build.txt for build requirements
conda_requirements_test.txt for testing requirements
conda_requirements_dev.txt requirements handy for development (ipython, jupyter, etc)

I *can* install all of these with four --file parameters on the command line -- but that's pretty ugly. (not to bad when you copy and paste from a README, but still ...

I also could duplicate, so that each was a superset of the others -- i.e. the _dev requirements would have everything. But that requires duplication across multiple files, and would be very easy to let them get out of sync.

What I would like is a way to include one file in another, so that, e.g. conda_requirements_dev could be:

#include conda_requirements.txt
#include conda_requirements_build.txt
#include conda_requirements_test.txt
jupyter
ipython

But I don't think there's any way to do that, is there??

Thanks,

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris....@noaa.gov