Updating a package version on repository/conda-forge repository

Pedro Santa

Dec 3, 2021, 8:35:53 AM12/3/21
to conda - Public
Hello everyone,

I'm somewhat a newcomer to the Python ecosystem and conda package manager—last time I used Python/Django/Google App Engine was around 10 years ago—so please bear with me.

I want to use Celery on a project, but I've noticed that the version of the celery package on conda-forge is the 5.1.2:

But Celery has since released more versions and it's currently (stable) at 5.2.1:

My question is: how can I contribute to update this version on the conda-forge repository?

Cheers.

Pedro Machado Santa

Pedro Santa

Dec 3, 2021, 8:44:33 AM12/3/21
to conda - Public
I've found some more info.

I've since found the 'conda-forge' home page: https://conda-forge.org

And looks like there's something failing with the new version package building: https://github.com/conda-forge/celery-feedstock/pull/57

Will try to help out from here.

Cheers.

Pedro Machado Santa

Nicholas Devenish

Dec 3, 2021, 8:45:21 AM12/3/21
to Pedro Santa, conda - Public
Hi Pedro,

I want to use Celery on a project, but I've noticed that the version of the celery package on conda-forge is the 5.1.2:

But Celery has since released more versions and it's currently (stable) at 5.2.1:

My question is: how can I contribute to update this version on the conda-forge repository?

Conda-forge has it's own ecosystem for managing packages https://conda-forge.org/#contribute

Updates are handled through what it terms a "feedstock": https://github.com/conda-forge/celery-feedstock/pulls

Starting there is probably easiest.

Nick

Pedro Santa

Dec 3, 2021, 8:53:30 AM12/3/21
to conda - Public, ndev...@gmail.com, conda - Public, Pedro Santa
Thank you Nick.

Indeed those were the relevant sites to check, and I got there eventually.

This is out of scope for this group, but as a reference, I think the problem has already been identified, and it's a matter of the community addressing that here: https://github.com/conda-forge/celery-feedstock/pull/55

Thank you for the help. I think we can consider this resolved/my question answered—will follow up this on the appropriate channels.

All best.

Pedro Machado Santa