ERROR conda.core.link:_execute(699

Stephen P. Molnar

Apr 17, 2022, 8:38:05 AM4/17/22
to conda - Public
I have a very annoying problem with conda on my Windows 10 Laptop that you might be willing to help me solve. This is rather  perplexing as I have used conda in this environment without any problems.

As an example:

(base) PS C:\Users\SPM> conda env --name PyRosetta python=3.9
     [Many lines later (log file is attached)]
Preparing transaction: done
Verifying transaction: done
Executing transaction: done
ERROR conda.core.link:_execute(699): An error occurred while installing package 'biobuilds::tzdata-2018i-0'.
Rolling back transaction: done

[Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'C:\\Users\\SPM\\miniconda3\\pkgs\\tzdata-2018i-0\\share\\zoneinfo-posix\\America\\Buenos_Aires'

What is really puzzling is that I can activate the new application. At this point I made no attempt to install PyRosetta, but I had the same problem with Pymol-open-source and it installed and works without any problems.

Although I have been using computers in my work since 1960, I am not a computer guy and have no idea as to what might be going on. I hope that the group may be able to shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance.
--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
http://www.Molecular-Modeling.net

Shaun Walbridge

Apr 17, 2022, 12:42:16 PM4/17/22
to Stephen P. Molnar, conda - Public
It looks like the biobuilds/noarch::tzdata-2018i-0 package may have missing files. That's a particularly old tzdata and I might add conda-forge::tzdata to your solve. Alternatively, you could remove the  C:\Users\SPM\miniconda3\pkgs\tzdata-2018i-0 directory which will force conda to re-extract it.

Cheers, Shaun