Issue Contributing Package to Conda

captivus

Feb 14, 2021, 1:17:17 PM2/14/21
to Anaconda - Public
Good afternoon!

I'm having trouble with contributing a PyPI package that I've built for Windows (as there was only a MacOS target previously) to anaconda.org.  I've followed these instructions:

My first challenge, which I resolved, was that conda-build was not successful in building the package.  I ended up successfully using the 'grayskull' package to build locally.

Here is the package on my Anaconda.org account: https://anaconda.org/captivus/spotipy

Here are the issues I'm having, which I hope someone can help me out with.
  • It doesn't appear that there are actually any files uploaded, despite apparent success using the 'anaconda upload' command locally
  • The package complains about missing labels, though following these instructions doesn't seem to remedy the issue -- i.e. there remain no labels despite seemingly successful execution of the advised steps in this documentation.  https://docs.anaconda.com/anacondaorg/user-guide/tutorials/
  • (As a result of the above?) I cannot install the package I built using 'conda'.  Searching my anaconda.org channel for the package yields a 'PackagesNotFoundError'.
Is there more updated documentation that someone can kindly link me to?  Otherwise, perhaps I've missed something fundamental in the process outlined in these docs that someone can kindly point out?

I appreciate, in advance, any help the community may render!

Cheers,

captivus

Diego Morais

May 13, 2021, 7:19:49 PM5/13/21