Conda update conda issue

Elango v

Mar 25, 2021, 9:28:15 AM3/25/21
to Anaconda - Public
We have python2.7 installed using miniconda. And then created py36 env with python3.6. Everything is working fine for last few years.
We usually use pip to install all the packages.
Recently I tried to install a package using conda. I got below error message,
error message: "CondaMultiError: RemoveError: 'setuptools' is a dependency of conda and cannot be removed from
conda's operating environment."
To resolve this error message I tried to upgrade conda using below command
 sudo /usr/share/miniconda2/bin/conda update --force conda

 This resulted in below error message also unistalled many pacakges including pip and features and a lot of other
 ERROR conda.core.link:_execute(637): An error occurred while installing package 'None'.
AssertionError()
Attempting to roll back.
Rolling back transaction: done
CondaMultiError: AssertionError()
()
AssertionError()

After this command if I run any simple commands like conda list I am getting below error message
sudo /usr/share/miniconda2/bin/conda install conda
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/miniconda2/bin/conda", line 13, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/share/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/conda/cli/main.py", line 149, in main
    from ..exceptions import conda_exception_handler
  File "/usr/share/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/conda/exceptions.py", line 25, in <module>
    from .common.io import dashlist, timeout
  File "/usr/share/miniconda2/lib/python2.7/site-packages/conda/common/io.py", line 7, in <module>
    from concurrent.futures import ProcessPoolExecutor, ThreadPoolExecutor, Executor, Future, _base, as_completed  # NOQA
ImportError: No module named concurrent.futures

As pip is not available now, I am unable to install futures pkg now. How to resolve this? Please advise.

Elango v

Mar 29, 2021, 12:13:56 AM3/29/21
to Anaconda - Public, Elango v
fixed this issue by installing  miniconda2 again.