Failing to launch applications (Jupyter) from Anaconda

John Ferguson

Jun 2, 2021, 2:04:34 PMJun 2
to Anaconda - Public
Hi, I just got a new computer and redownloaded Anaconda and Python. However, when I launch the Jupyter notebook (or any other program, but Jupyter is what I actually use), it will give the "launching notebook" status (see attached image), but not actually open up a localhost tab in Chrome (default browser). I get no error, or any other helpful information that I can see. Any guidance?anaconda_bug.png

rjford99

Jun 3, 2021, 1:28:35 PMJun 3
to Anaconda - Public, john.f...@trustradius.com
There is a problem with the new Navigator - many have the same issues.
I went back to the November 2020 version after a clean install  removing .condarc etc
Some have got it to work by setting up a second environment and using that.
As no error messages, it seems Anaconda team do not have much to go on.
The hoped for fixes in Navigator 2.02, 2.03 updates do not seem to work.