curl issues with conda 4.10.1 on OSX 10.15.7

James Leake

May 12, 2021, 1:08:03 PM5/12/21
to Anaconda - Public
Hi,

I installed anconda, but the installed curl executable gives the following issue

>> curl

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libcurl.4.dylib

  Referenced from: /Users/jleake/opt/anaconda3/bin/curl

  Reason: Incompatible library version: curl requires version 11.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 10.0.0

Abort trap: 6

I am running conda 4.10.1,

which curl returns /Users/jleake/opt/anaconda3/bin/curl

I believe that the executable is attempting to link to an older dynamic library.

If I add this to my .bashrc file:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/jleake/opt/anaconda3/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

then I can use the curl executable without error but it messes up a whole load of other executables.