Failed to create Conda environment

Edward O'Neill

Dec 19, 2020, 1:41:24 PM12/19/20
to Anaconda - Public
I am trying to run a nexflow pipeline on some data via the Linux command line, but when I do so, it fails because it fails to create the Conda environment, and I have no idea why. Any help would be much appreciated. Here is the error message

Error executing process > 'my_process (1)'
Caused by:
  Failed to create Conda environment
  command: conda env create --prefix /my_file_path-6bf38a923b48a255f96ea3d66d372e6c --file /my_file_path/environment.yml
  status : 143
  message:

David Kun

Jan 8, 2021, 9:08:43 PM1/8/21
to Anaconda - Public, eonei...@googlemail.com
Tough to say.  The --prefix argument instructs conda to install python to that location.  It could be that conda couldn't create the folder /my_file_path... due to no write privileges.

Suggest changing the prefix to a folder location that has write privileges or remove the --prefix argument (I personally don't use it).  Also, ensure the yml file exists.

Edward O'Neill

Jan 9, 2021, 6:04:47 AM1/9/21
to David Kun, Anaconda - Public
Apologies, this issue has now been resolved. I needed to reorder the priority of channels that each program was being downloaded from with Conda.

Thanks anyway.