After updating Spyder to 4.2.3 launch from Anaconda Navigator fails

Richard Fuhr

Mar 19, 2021, 2:38:23 AM3/19/21
to Anaconda - Public
After updating Spyder to 4.2.3 (via condo update --all) attempting to launch Spyder from Anaconda Navigator fails.  I click on launch, and the Spyder app never gets launched.

Richard Fuhr

Mar 19, 2021, 3:04:31 AM3/19/21
to Anaconda - Public, Richard Fuhr
I looked back at some recent notes and remembered that I had encountered this problem before.  Others had also posted on this issue.
The solution was to invoke, from the command line on the Mac:

conda install -f python.app

Perhaps this line could be added to some of the internal installation scripts in the future.