When do I need to use Anaconda Commercial Edition

Jan Gorecki

Nov 23, 2020, 10:22:37 AM11/23/20
to Anaconda - Public
Dear anaconda community

In Linux installation docs https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/install/linux/
I am finding the following information:

> Using Anaconda in a commercial setting? You may need to use Anaconda Commercial Edition.

It is not explained why may I need to use commercial edition. At the
first glance I think the author of the message wanted to write "You
may want to use..." rather "You may need to use...".
I am not sure, thus my question here.

Best regards,
Jan Gorecki

Brian Toby

Nov 23, 2020, 12:48:59 PM11/23/20
to Anaconda - Public, Jan Gorecki
The free version of Anaconda is made available with a license, which may or may not be compatible with your employer’s commercial needs, but that is for you to review. It appears many companies are fine with it.  There are extra capabilities offered to companies that purchase the commercial version, which you could discuss with one of their salespeople.

Brian

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
---

Juan Sanchez

Nov 23, 2020, 6:06:17 PM11/23/20
to anac...@continuum.io
https://www.anaconda.com/blog/anaconda-commercial-edition-faq

How do you define commercial usage?

We clarified our definition of commercial usage in our Terms of Service in an update on Sept. 30, 2020. The new language states that use by individual hobbyists, students, universities, non-profit organizations, or businesses with less than 200 employees is allowed, and all other usage is considered commercial and thus requires a business relationship with Anaconda.

José Antonio Martín H.

Nov 24, 2020, 2:26:53 AM11/24/20
to anac...@continuum.io
Ok, since I have packages from Anaconda channel in several environments on several projects then have I to migrate all our environments to conda-forge channels then?

Is there a page with a list of features that Anaconda channels packages provide that shows the differential value over conda-forge channels? So that we can study it and the make a recommendation for the IT management to consider acquiring a Comercial license?

Best,
Jose A.