Ananconda & Miniconda not installing in Win 10 -- H E L P !!!!!!

Ruud Overes

Oct 22, 2020, 6:38:45 AM10/22/20
to Anaconda - Public
Hi,

I am trying to install Anaconda3 on my Win10 PC.
Installer finishes as if it went flawless, but there are no icons in the startmenu.
Nor is conda recognized as a command via the command line.

I tried running it for the current, and for all users.
With and without adding the path option.

Totally removed every single reference on my PC toward any python.

Restarted my pc every time, but still nothing.

I am lost. Anyone has a clue?
Perhaps a registry entry that needs to be altered, or removed?

HELP!!!!!

sree datta

Oct 22, 2020, 9:58:20 AM10/22/20
to Anaconda - Public, rover...@gmail.com
Hi

Can you confirm you have administrator rights on your machine?

Sree

sree datta

Oct 22, 2020, 10:01:02 AM10/22/20
to Anaconda - Public, sree datta, rover...@gmail.com
About a week ago, I had successfully installed Anaconda 64-bit on a Windows machine. Did you try installing disabling your anti-virus software? This can be a real possibility.

Ruud Overes

Oct 22, 2020, 1:34:27 PM10/22/20
to Anaconda - Public, sree...@gmail.com, Ruud Overes

Hi Sree,

Thank you for your reply.

I am the administrator of my own PC, and I also tried installing it, with admin rights.
Same results.

I also disabled the default Windows virus scanner, but again, no difference.

Cheers,
Ruud

sree datta

Oct 22, 2020, 2:07:46 PM10/22/20
to Anaconda - Public, rover...@gmail.com, sree datta
When you removed traces of your previous install of Anaconda, did you look under and clear the following paths?
1. C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Continuum\Anaconda3 &
2. C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Anaconda3 &
3. C:\Users\xyz\conda\ &
4. C:\Users\xyz\ProgramData\Continuum\Anaconda3 &
5. C:\Users\xyz\ProgramData\Anaconda3 &
6. C:\Users\xyz\ProgramData\conda\

When you examined the folders, what did you see in terms of the folders and files?

Did you do a SHA256 data integrity test? I have had the hash of the downloaded file for both Anaconda3 and Miniconda3 be corrupted during the download which messes up the install in unexpected ways.

Disable both Virus scanner and Windows Firewall before your next attempt.

Ruud Overes

Oct 22, 2020, 2:54:07 PM10/22/20
to Anaconda - Public, sree...@gmail.com, Ruud Overes
THX!!!

I downloaded a new installation file, disabled also the firewall (and the virusscanner).

And it worked!!!!

THX again m8

sree datta

Oct 22, 2020, 3:58:24 PM10/22/20
to Anaconda - Public, rover...@gmail.com, sree datta
That is awesome! I know the pain and the frustration of installation (and analysis/coding) all too well. Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

Happy Pythoning