condaHTTPError due to the VPN/firewall issue

Huaiyang Gongzi

Jun 13, 2021, 9:56:40 PMJun 13
to Anaconda - Public
Hello,

I have been using Anaconda to manage my python development environment on windows 10 machine.

Recently, because my organization have updated the VPN system, I cannot use conda install as normal as before. For instance, I am trying to create a new virtual environment as follows, which gives the following error message. What are the possible solutions to work around this.

(base) C:\>conda create --name myenv
WARNING: A directory already exists at the target location 'C:\Users\ugwz\Anaconda3\envs\myenv'
but it is not a conda environment.
Continue creating environment (y/[n])? y

Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: done

CondaHTTPError: HTTP 000 CONNECTION FAILED for url <https://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/win-64/current_repodata.json>
Elapsed: -

An HTTP error occurred when trying to retrieve this URL.
HTTP errors are often intermittent, and a simple retry will get you on your way.

Thanks,
Shuxing