Extract python packages from Linux Anaconda installer?

David Kun

Jan 22, 2021, 3:42:11 AM1/22/21
to Anaconda - Public
Hi everyone,

I need to create a python environment on an isolated computer; i.e., no internet access.  However, I do have Anaconda installers on the isolated computer.

Is it possible to extract all of the python packages (e.g., numpy.tar.gz) that are bundled with the Anaconda installer for Linux?

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Juan Sanchez

Jan 22, 2021, 10:16:58 AM1/22/21
to anac...@continuum.io
Hi,

In the past, I've used the miniconda installer and installed the
additional desired packages. I then copied the installer, and the
packages from the package cache directory and installed them on a
firewalled machine. There is a command line syntax for installing the
package files.

Regards,

Juan
> --
> Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
> ---

David Kun

Jan 24, 2021, 11:47:07 PM1/24/21
to Anaconda - Public, juan.e....@gmail.com
Thanks for the response, Juan.  I haven't been able to find any *.tar.gz files in the Anaconda folder after it's installed.  Any other suggestions?