What to expect

1 view

Randall Wert

Apr 24, 2021, 8:50:15 PM4/24/21
to Anaconda - Public
I already have Python 3.9 installed on my Macbook Air, and everything appears to be working smoothly.

Now I am convinced that I should install Anaconda, especially because of all the data science tools that come with it. It looks like the newest version of Python that is available with Anaconda is 3.8.

I have seen posts online giving people general assurance that this will not cause problems. But I need to know specifically what to expect if I install Anaconda after already having Python 3.9. Is there anything I need to do to prevent confusion/conflicts? Is there a way to get 3.9 working with Anaconda, or must I use the 3.8 version that I download with Anaconda?

Please pardon my ignorance and explain it to me like the beginner I am.