Unable to install Miniconda

Brooke Sasia

Jul 15, 2021, 3:57:56 PM7/15/21
to Anaconda - Public
Hi all,

I am attempting to install Miniconda on my computer but have not been able to do so. I am using a 2015 MacBook Pro that currently has Version 11.4 of macOS Big Sur and enough storage space available.

When I try download the Miniconda2 MacOSX 64-bit pkg for Python 2.7, I am able to go through almost all the installation steps until I get the following error: "The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." Could this be because I already have the latest version of Python installed? I'm not really sure how else to go about troubleshooting this.

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!

Sincerely,
Brooke