Failure installing Miniconda3

John Crow

Oct 11, 2022, 10:52:06 AM10/11/22
to anac...@anaconda.com
Miniconda3-latest-Linux-x86_64.sh, checksum verified, available disk space 29 T.

The installation proceeds cleanly until (slightly edited):

Preparing transaction: done
Executing transaction: done
./Miniconda3-latest-Linux-x86_64.sh: line 457: /path/to/miniconda3/bin/python: Permission denied

What I see is that /path/to/miniconda3/bin/python is a symlink to python3.9, and the latter is not executable for some reason. Any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks!

Omkar Jadhav

Oct 11, 2022, 11:36:24 PM10/11/22
to anac...@anaconda.com
Run anaconda prompt as administrator, this will help you to solve your problem.

Oct 12, 2022, 10:00:49 AM10/12/22
to Anaconda - Public, omkarja...@gmail.com
Do you mean run `bash  Miniconda3-latest-Linux-x86_64.sh` as root, or something else? I imagine I'm like most of the user base and don't have root permissions.