Make conda package with additionals folders

Arnaud Mounier

Oct 7, 2020, 4:22:18 AM10/7/20
to Anaconda - Public
Hi,

I try to build with conda build a conda package and I need that the package embedded some folders and conf files within. The folders are present on the tree (conf/ and doc/) package :
managesciproject
|-- bld.bat
|-- build.sh
|-- __main__.py
|-- managesciproject
|   |-- conf/
|   |-- doc/
|   |-- __init__.py
|   |-- README.md
|   |-- shellcmd.py
|   |-- structure.py
|   `-- _version.py
|-- MANIFEST.in
|-- meta.yaml
|-- README.md
|-- setup.cfg
|-- setup.py
`-- versioneer.py

All the packaging process with conda build works fine but when I install later the package to a conda env the 2 folders (conf/ and doc/) are not present anymore and I need it in my module. Is there a way to explicitly embedded this 2 folders within the packaging process ?

Thanks a lot,
Arnaud.

Ray Donnelly

Oct 7, 2020, 5:07:56 AM10/7/20
to Anaconda - Public
You need to create dummy files on the folders.

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
---

Arnaud Mounier

Oct 7, 2020, 5:15:22 AM10/7/20
to Anaconda - Public, rdon...@anaconda.com
Thank you for your answer,

That's my problem : the conf folder have already several yaml files within that I need on my module

Ray Donnelly

Oct 7, 2020, 5:32:47 AM10/7/20
to Arnaud Mounier, Anaconda - Public
If you can share your recipe then I can try to help. But conda build just bundles new files copied into PREFIX.

Arnaud Mounier

Oct 7, 2020, 6:58:38 AM10/7/20
to Ray Donnelly, Anaconda - Public
Le 07/10/2020 à 11:32, Ray Donnelly a écrit :
> If you can share your recipe then I can try to help. But conda build
> just bundles new files copied into PREFIX.

Here is my meta.yaml file :

https://forgemia.inra.fr/sciproject/managesciproject/-/blob/master/meta.yaml

and the repo of my package :

https://forgemia.inra.fr/sciproject/managesciproject/-/tree/master

but I don't know about PREFIX what this is ?

--
« Quand les hommes considèrent certaines situations comme réelles, elles
sont réelles dans leur conséquence. »

Arnaud Mounier
INRAe - UMR 1347 Agroécologie
CNRS - ERL 6003 IPM (Plants-Microorganisms Interactions)
17, rue Sully - BP 86510 - F-21065 Dijon Cedex - France
Work phone : +33 380 693 167 - Fax : +33 380 693 753

Homepage : https://huit.re/INRA-IPM-Arnaud-Mounier

Ray Donnelly

Oct 7, 2020, 7:05:17 AM10/7/20
to Arnaud Mounier, Anaconda - Public
Please familiarise yourself with the documentation of conda-build. The bit that relates to this is https://docs.conda.io/projects/conda-build/en/latest/resources/build-scripts.html#build-scripts-build-sh-bld-bat