Errror while re-installing Anaconda 3

alex.cec...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2017, 9:42:29 AM10/27/17
to Anaconda - Public
Hi,

I recently uninstalled Anaconda from my macbook dragging the app in the bin, but now I'd like to re-install it again.
Whenever I try to run the downloaded package.pkg, it gives me back this result:

Anaconda3 is already installed in //anaconda3. Use "conda update anaconda3" to update Anaconda3.

How can I solve this issue?

Best Regards,
Alessandro C.

Will Warner

Oct 27, 2017, 6:32:04 PM10/27/17
to Anaconda - Public, alex.cec...@gmail.com
It sounds like some files from the last installation are still there. Try using the Finder or a Terminal window to find your Anaconda directory. It sounds like it might be "/anaconda3". Delete that directory and everything in it, and then reinstall.

Will Warner

Oct 30, 2017, 8:40:54 PM10/30/17
to Anaconda - Public, alex.cec...@gmail.com
Yes, that was the solution; I couldn’t do it via terminal but manually, entering my  HD and looking for that folder.

Thank you for your help!
Best Regards,
Alessandro

You're very welcome!

Febby Chang

Nov 14, 2020, 11:37:15 PM11/14/20
to Anaconda - Public, Will Warner, alex.cec...@gmail.com
Hi I am having the same issue however I tried your method both in the terminal and in my finder I cannot find the file. What should I do?