Can Anaconda3 and Python-IDLE coexist on the same computer?

classic35mn

May 26, 2021, 3:50:50 PMMay 26
to Anaconda - Public
I just installed Anaconda3 (64-bit) Individual Edition on my Windows 7 machine. I was instructed to do this by setup instructions for an upcoming workshop I'm attending; they said, "Installing all of Python's research packages individually can be a bit difficult, so we recommend Anaconda, an all-in-one installer."

Is it possible to install other Python IDEs (such as IDLE and PyCharm) on the same computer as Anaconda?

Udit Kotnis

May 28, 2021, 1:22:44 AMMay 28
to Anaconda - Public, classic35mn
Yes, they can and there is usually no problem if you keep the projects you start in each IDE separate and don't try to write to the same file at the same time.