How to install anaconda with python 3.7 not 3.8?

Tom Cipollone

Nov 21, 2020, 12:47:28 AM11/21/20
to Anaconda - Public
I have an issue with my install of anaconda-navigator.  Even if I do not have python 3.8 installed locally, and have python 3.7 installed and is the default, when anaconda-navigator installs, the environment that I have created shows python 3.8.

I do have a package, torchvision, that won't work with python 3.8 and I have attempted to change this to python 3.7 while in anaconda-navigator environments but that attempt fails.

Yes, there are archive versions of anaconda-navigator but there is no documentation that I can find showing which version of python is tied to which archived version of the navigator.

How to proceed?

Thank You
Tom

Alfred Aita

Jan 2, 2021, 10:23:59 AMJan 2
to Anaconda - Public, minert...@gmail.com
I would suggest creating a new environment. See the bottom of navigator page. You can select the packages, including  python version, you need. Otherwise, you have to install python 3.7 on the command line which give you issues.
If you go the environment route  you have to launch ipython, python, notebook from there. I think it is a safer way to go.