Anaconda with VS Code

TrueWodzu

Nov 16, 2020, 9:19:35 AM11/16/20
to Anaconda - Public
Hi guys,

I am completely new to Anaconda and Python. I see that now navigator dropped support for installation of VS Code.

My question is, if I install VS Code as a separate installation, how can I use it with conjunction with Anaconda? Will VS Code recognize that I have Anaconda installed and will work with each of my environments?

Thanks

Marcin Gierdalski

Nov 16, 2020, 6:51:13 PM11/16/20
to Anaconda - Public, true...@gmail.com
Drogi Wodzu,

Just define your preferred python interpreter executable (which is anaconda's in your case) in the extension configuration and enjoy. I am using Microsoft's own Python extension. I haven't tried to work with conda environments in it yet, but I bet it's possible as well.

Good luck,
Marcin