How to get Rstudio in miniconda to point to an environment?

Anthony Anecito

Jul 2, 2021, 2:54:21 PM7/2/21
to Anaconda - Public

Hi All,
I installed RStudio via miniconda and it points to my base environment which has R 3.6.1.
I created a new environment with R 4.1.0 and want RStudio to point to that for new scripts. How do I do that. I tried via global to set my R environment to the R in that environment now when I launch RStudio it says there are 3 dlls missing and I can not get RStudio to point back to my base R.

I can reinstall miniconda but still need to know how to get the miniconda installed R to use my new R 4.1.0 environment.

Thanks for the help!

Anthony Anecito

Jul 6, 2021, 11:27:30 AM7/6/21
to Anaconda - Public
I tried to use miniconda to reinstall RStudio but I still can not
launch RStudio it still complains about missing dlls. Best I can
figure is miniconda has some configuration file for RStudio somewhere
pointing to that 4.1.0 environment.
Any help getting that fixed or getting the RStudio to point to a
different version of R env many thanks!