Choosing the best graphic card and pc for machine learning

marine shao

Oct 21, 2020, 4:30:45 AM10/21/20
to Anaconda - Public
Hello there,

I want to upgrade my computer to a better one for machine learning applications. I am working on image processing, and I don't know what I should buy. I have a budget of around £4,000 to buy a new pc, what would you recommend? Thank you for your help.

Best wishes,

Marine

Pete Jemian

Oct 21, 2020, 7:50:17 AM10/21/20
to 'gavin vadivalloo' via Anaconda - Public
Ask your question somewhere else. This is not the right forum for your question.

--
Community Discussion Forum for Anaconda
---

Ray Donnelly

Oct 21, 2020, 7:58:33 AM10/21/20
to Anaconda - Public
I don't think this is entirely off-topic for the Anaconda mailing list given that we have made some choices around what to 3rd party technologies we support most fully (MKL and Cuda).

So I'd recommend getting as powerful a CPU and GPU as you can. You may get better results sticking to Intel CPUs but we do support AMD and try to make sure things work well there. You want your CPU to support all the latest instructions if possible (so AVX512 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Vector_Extensions). For the GPU I recommend the latest and most powerful NVidia GPU you can afford, e.g. a 3090.

marine shao

Oct 21, 2020, 8:17:48 AM10/21/20
to anac...@continuum.io
Thank you for your responses and for the recommendation.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Anaconda - Public" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msgid/anaconda/CAF5kcVWHB8ugxsrpjt%2BDy%2B7UO7mTstKahnNn5P8oeBrLDUHwcQ%40mail.gmail.com.