int128 and uint128 support?

Jason Sachs

Nov 9, 2017, 9:48:43 AM11/9/17
to numba...@continuum.io
Are there plans to add int128 and uint128 support?

I'm doing some stuff with linear feedback shift registers (LFSRs) that in the 64-96 bit range. The operations I need are just <<, >>, and bitwise operations; I don't care if math operations like multiply aren't the fastest in the world.

Stanley Seibert

Nov 9, 2017, 10:31:12 AM11/9/17
to Numba Public Discussion - Public
We had not considered it, but it might not be too hard.  I believe LLVM can generate 128-bit integer code (possibly needing some special routines from their compiler_rt library).  I've opened an issue to track it, and we can take a look for 0.38 (0.37 will be focused mostly on bug fixing):