Python 3.6 conda packages available in dev channel

Stanley Seibert

Dec 30, 2016, 6:08:17 PM12/30/16
to Numba Public Discussion - Public
Hi Numba Users,

For those of you wishing to ring in the New Year with Numba on Python 3.6, we now have conda packages in our dev channel.  You can make a new conda environment for Python 3.6 like this:

conda create -n numba_py36 -c numba python=3.6 numba

We will not be going back and making Python 3.6 conda packages for Numba 0.30 because we have found a problem with Python 3.6 support in that release.  Numba 0.31, planned for release at the end of January, will be the first version with official Python 3.6 support.

Happy New Year to all, and look for many more Numba releases in 2017!  :)