numba import error, "cannot import name _typeconv", airgapped install of numba/llvmlite help

Linwood Creekmore III

Sep 10, 2016, 11:26:38 PM9/10/16
to Numba Public Discussion - Public
Greetings all
I'm haivng an install problem for numba 0.27.  Here is everything I have.

OS= CentOS 6.7, airgapped network
Built GCC 5.2 using these instructions: https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-install-gcc-on-centos-6
Built LLVM and Clang 3.8.1 using these instructions: https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-install-llvm-and-clang-on-centos-6

I downloaded llvmlite 13.0, ran

python setup.py build

Received no errors.  Then ran

python setup.py install

Again, no errors.  Tried running
python runtests.py

Got error.  However, I saw on one post, we can ignore errors?  So, I continued to numba.

Downloaded 0.27,
python setup.py build

And got no errors.  Then for numba, did this
python setup.py install

Got this error:
Extracting numba-0.27.0......

def __init__(self,v: int):
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

However, the install "finishes" with no errors.  Next, I launch ipython and try to import numba, and received this
error:

cannot import name  _typeconv

Any suggestion on what I can do?

Antoine Pitrou

Sep 12, 2016, 9:46:46 AM9/12/16
to numba...@continuum.io

Hi,

On Sat, 10 Sep 2016 20:26:38 -0700 (PDT)
Linwood Creekmore III
<valin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded llvmlite 13.0, ran
>
> python setup.py build
>
> Received no errors. Then ran
>
> python setup.py install
>
> Again, no errors. Tried running
> python runtests.py
>
> Got error.

Can you transcribe the error here?

> However, the install "finishes" with no errors. Next, I launch ipython and
> try to import numba, and received this
> error:
>
> cannot import name _typeconv

Is there a more detailed error message you can transcribe here?

Thanks

Antoine.

Jorge Sierra

Jan 16, 2017, 1:03:36 PM1/16/17
to Numba Public Discussion - Public, soli...@pitrou.net
numba package has this file runtests.py, all it does is call python with the file located under directory numba\runtests.py
so you do
cd numba
python runtests.py
it will do the same, I also ran into the same problem ...cannot import name  _typeconv
but in my case I do manage to install numba on mac os 10.12