Numba on tegra TK1

vena...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2015, 12:44:35 PM4/27/15
to numba...@continuum.io
Was looking at deploying one of my apps on the TK1 Jetson dev board. With the switch to llvmlite, does that include support for ARM?

Stanley Seibert

Apr 27, 2015, 1:44:35 PM4/27/15
to Numba Public Discussion - Public
We are not officially supporting ARM at the moment, though I would love to have the time to validate Numba on the TK1.  As an experiment some weeks back, I've built LLVM, llvmlite, and Numba from scratch on the Raspberry Pi 2 (armv7, same as TK1) and most of the unit tests do pass.  Unfortunately, ARM does not allow misaligned loads, so arrays that use structured dtypes with unaligned fields will cause the Python process to segfault.

We have never tried using Numba's CUDA target on an ARM host, although I don't know of any reason why it would not work.