Numba / Accelerate (+cudalib) with Anaconda (ppc64le) on Power8

kirchen...@googlemail.com

Jun 10, 2017, 7:40:34 PM6/10/17
to Numba Public Discussion - Public
Hey,

Is there a known way to install numba & accelerate (+cudalib) on Linux-ppc64le (Power8)?

Installing Anaconda for ppc64le is fine, however there are no pre-built versions of numba and accelerate for this target.
Is there a way to build / install them by hand?

Thanks,
Manuel

Stanley Seibert

Jun 12, 2017, 9:31:57 AM6/12/17
to Numba Public Discussion - Public
We're still figuring out some POWER8 issues with Numba, which is why there are no packages yet.

kirchen...@googlemail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 12:19:34 PM6/12/17
to Numba Public Discussion - Public
Okay thanks for letting me know. I have access to an IBM Power8 cluster with Tesla P100's and I am eager to use them.. ;)

(I would also be happy to help testing numba/accelerate on Power 8)