Numba 0.34 release candidate available

Stanley Seibert

Jun 28, 2017, 6:24:56 PM6/28/17
to Numba Public Discussion - Public
Hi Numba Users,

We've posted a release candidate of Numba 0.34 to the numba channel on Anaconda Cloud:

conda install -c numba numba

This release has a major contribution from Intel Research that adds support for automatic multithreading of various kinds of array expressions.  It also adds support for list comprehensions in nopython mode.  This release also marks the return of the prange() function to Numba, which allows you to indicate a loop can be run in parallel using threads.

These new parallelization features are experimental, off by default, and not available on Windows Python 2.7 or 32-bit platforms at the moment.  We will be working to improve that over the next release cycle.  For more information, see the release notes:

Please post feedback here on the mailing list or in the Numba issue tracker:

You can use the "numba -s" command to gather system information, which you can attach to your bug report.

Thanks again to Intel for this contribution!  The final release of Numba 0.34 should be on July 6, just in time for SciPy.