conda still checking dependencies after using -f

Samuel Mathias

Nov 1, 2017, 10:18:13 AM11/1/17
to conda - Public
Can anyone explain why I get the following:

>> conda install -f -c pymc hddm
Fetching package metadata .............
Solving package specifications: .

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be in conflict:

- hddm -> kabuki -> python 3.3* -> xz 5.0.5

- python 3.6*
Use "conda info <package>" to see the dependencies for each package.

I thought that -f was supposed to force installation and not check for dependencies. Thanks!

Ray Donnelly

Nov 1, 2017, 10:27:39 AM11/1/17
to Samuel Mathias, conda - Public
-f just means force reinstall if the packages are already installed, it had nothing to do with dependencies.