Adding conda-forge for only a single package in environment file

Sudarshan Srinivasan

May 3, 2018, 8:38:16 AM5/3/18
to conda - Public
Hi,

As the title says, I'd like to use conda-forge for only a particular package. However, I would like to create an environment file that can be shared with others. The problem is, I need to add conda-forge to the channel list and I'd like to avoid that. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Jason Moore

May 3, 2018, 6:39:11 PM5/3/18
to Sudarshan Srinivasan, conda - Public
Can you use the precedence of the channels to your advantage? That is, but conda-forge after defaults.

Sudarshan Srinivasan

May 3, 2018, 6:46:01 PM5/3/18
to moore...@gmail.com, co...@continuum.io
I can do that. But there might potential conflicts in the future where I don't want conda-forge to be used at all. Apparently, people want this capability, but I don't know where the development is right now.