Problem with the command line

Tiago Ramos

Mar 31, 2017, 10:11:29 AM3/31/17
to conda - Public
Hey guys, my OS is macOS Sierra (v. 10.12.3)
Today I was trying to activate an environment that I created:

source activate kplatform

But it doesn't recognize the source command, so I tried to create the environment again by doing

conda create --name platform --file spec-file.txt

and it doesn't recognize the conda command also
This problem started since I installed these group of packages (YADR) http://skwp.github.io/dotfiles/ (somebody understands what is happening?)

How can I get Anaconda command line working again? thank you

Eric Ma

Mar 31, 2017, 10:16:43 AM3/31/17
to Tiago Ramos, conda - Public
It looks like the dotfiles overwrote your PATH variables? What happens if you type:

$ which conda

$ which python

?

I get the following

[me] at dhcp-18-189-4-150 in ~
$ which conda
/Users/[me]/anaconda/bin/conda

[me] at dhcp-18-189-4-150 in ~
$ which python
/Users/[me]/anaconda/bin/python

If it turns up empty, then the PATH variable is probably being overwritten by the YADR dotfiles.

Komail Kanjee

Mar 31, 2017, 5:50:43 PM3/31/17
to Tiago Ramos, conda - Public
Is the Conda installation in your PATH?

Can you do an echo on the PATH variable to see if it's there?

Thanks,

Komail