How to generate a copy of the current enviroment.

serendip42

Mar 3, 2015, 1:56:28 PM3/3/15
to co...@continuum.io
Hi,

I have a working environment. Now, I would like to install other packages. However, I would like to be able to save the current environment.

So, I need to make a copy of the current enviroment, so that I can experiment and for production use the saved copy.

I was looking here:

However, it is only explained how to make a new enviroment with a specific version of some package or a clean enviroment.

How is it possible to generate a copy, a branch of the current setup??

kind regards

Jon Wilson

Mar 3, 2015, 2:44:48 PM3/3/15
to co...@continuum.io
Hi,
You can do
    conda create -n NewEnv --clone OldEnv
I think that will do what you want.
Regards,
Jon

serendip42

Mar 3, 2015, 4:03:59 PM3/3/15
to co...@continuum.io
conda create -n test -clone root
Fetching package metadata: ....Error: Could not find Binstar user lone

That is not working, unfortunately.

Jon Wilson

Mar 3, 2015, 4:09:49 PM3/3/15
to co...@continuum.io
--clone

Try this:
    conda create --help
Message has been deleted

serendip42

Mar 3, 2015, 4:19:18 PM3/3/15
to co...@continuum.io
OK, thanks!

Jon Wilson

Mar 3, 2015, 4:26:04 PM3/3/15
to co...@continuum.io
https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/forum/#!topic/anaconda/lIbC0F6LR_I

On 03/03/2015 03:16 PM, serendip42 wrote:
Yey, that worked!

Now, I have the environment test. How can I delete it?

clone remove only works for packages.