Force conda to download a specific paclage build

Filipe Pires Alvarenga Fernandes

Feb 19, 2015, 11:19:16 AM2/19/15
to conda

Hi,

I need to install a libnetcdf with OPeNDAP enabled using conda.  I noticed that, because I am limited to numpy 1.8, I will get a netcdf4 that was linked to libnetcdf 4.2.1.1.

Here is my problem.  `conda info libnetcdf` tells me that there are two builds: build 0 without DAP (see the missing curl dependency) and build 1 DAP enable.  I need build 1, but somehow I get build 0 (See https://gist.github.com/ocefpaf/e594e228bc8129303006#file-system-test-L30)

Why is this happening?  I am doing something wrong in the requirements file?  The same thing happens on travis (https://travis-ci.org/ioos/conda-recipes/jobs/51390817#L4185).

How can I force conda to get build 1?

Thanks,

-Filipe

PS:  The result from conda info is below.

libnetcdf 4.2.1.1 0
-------------------
file name   : libnetcdf-4.2.1.1-0.tar.bz2
name        : libnetcdf
version     : 4.2.1.1
build number: 0
build string: 0
channel     : defaults
size        : 637 KB
license     : MIT
md5         : 62f7db25412658c692bc66087ab84346
org_name    : netcdf
installed environments:
dependencies:
    hdf5 1.8.9

libnetcdf 4.2.1.1 1
-------------------
file name   : libnetcdf-4.2.1.1-1.tar.bz2
name        : libnetcdf
version     : 4.2.1.1
build number: 1
build string: 1
channel     : defaults
size        : 859 KB
license     : MIT
md5         : 1d96c6018c6b3dba25e83e95f60d1b02
org_name    : netcdf
installed environments:
dependencies:
    curl 7.30.0
    hdf5 1.8.9
    zlib 1.2*

Aaron Meurer

Feb 19, 2015, 1:11:46 PM2/19/15
to Filipe Pires Alvarenga Fernandes, conda
How exactly are you limiting the install to numpy 1.8? I don't see it
in the gist? Do you have create_default_packages set in your condarc?

Aaron Meurer

Filipe Pires Alvarenga Fernandes

Feb 19, 2015, 1:14:55 PM2/19/15
to conda
In the .travis.yml, sorry for missing that information:

I just added a new build matrix with NPY19, but that will not allow me to build two of the packages in the repository.

Thanks,

-Filipe

Aaron Meurer

Feb 19, 2015, 1:16:27 PM2/19/15
to Filipe Pires Alvarenga Fernandes, conda
Never mind, I can reproduce it by adding numpy=1.8 at the command
line. It looks like the problem is that conda doesn't want to install
the older version of curl (7.30.0).

To fix this, add

libnetcdf=4.2.1.1=1

to your requirements file, so that conda is forced to install that version.

Aaron Meurer

Filipe Pires Alvarenga Fernandes

Feb 19, 2015, 1:24:49 PM2/19/15
to conda