Custom conda package ends up including numpy binaries

Antonio

Jun 25, 2015, 3:38:53 PM6/25/15
to co...@continuum.io
Hi,

I've built a conda package for a small python library with this recipe:

The built package is usually 50-100KB on windows and linux (both python2 and 3) or on python 2 under OSX.

However, when I build the python3 version under OSX the package become 500KB because it wraps a bunch of numpy binary files.

You can find the built packages here (look at version 0.5.7):

Is this a known behaviour or there is something wrong on my build machine. This is a brand new OSX machine on which I just installed anaconda 2.7 with a python 3 environment.

Antonio

Aaron Meurer

Jun 25, 2015, 3:46:52 PM6/25/15
to Antonio, conda
NumPy shouldn't be included in the final package. I tried building the recipe and it didn't happen for me. Can you post the conda build log?

Aaron Meurer

Antonio

Jun 25, 2015, 4:26:48 PM6/25/15
to co...@continuum.io, trit...@gmail.com
On Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 12:46:52 PM UTC-7, Aaron Meurer wrote:
NumPy shouldn't be included in the final package. I tried building the recipe and it didn't happen for me. Can you post the conda build log?

Where can I find the log?

Antonio

Antonino Ingargiola

Jun 25, 2015, 4:49:31 PM6/25/15
to conda
The terminal output is here:

note the last line showing the big-ish file size.

Antonio

Antonino Ingargiola

Jun 25, 2015, 4:51:24 PM6/25/15
to conda
Updating conda build solved the problem. Thanks.

Antonio

Antonio

Aug 27, 2015, 1:33:05 PM8/27/15
to conda - Public
Hi all,

sorry for resurrecting this old topic but I have the exact same issue (package including numpy binaries) with another package and now on Windows+python 3.4 (before was OSX).

Basically building this recipe under windows x64:

results in a weirdly named package (fretbursts-0.4.5-nppy34_0.tar.bz2) which also includes numpy binaries. Except for the bigger in size, the package seems to install and work correctly. The built package can be found here:

I'm using conda-build 1.17.0. A build log is attached.

Any help appreciated.

Antonio

conda-build-log.txt

Aaron Meurer

Aug 27, 2015, 2:53:48 PM8/27/15
to Antonio, conda - Public
This is an issue with our numpy package, which we are fixing (the
Python 3 build doesn't include the pyc files).

Aaron Meurer