Problem with softlinks

Vincent Latrouite

Jul 25, 2016, 6:46:33 AM7/25/16
to conda - Public
Hi everyone,

I recently had a big struggle with conda, I "solved" it but I think it deserves a post. Context is the following:

* new regular server coming (dedicated),
* I format it and install an Ubuntu 14.04 (64bits),
* I install conda with an old version (4.0.5) because I need that version.

Then it's simple, here is what I do :

http://pastebin.com/jjGKdsWz

So tu sum up, I create a new env, I install python with version 2.7.11 and install gunicorn after. But gunicorn isn't working. The modules aren't known from python.
So I checked that paths and 'python -c "import sys; print sys.path"' returns nothing related to the env ...

I struggled a lot with that issue until I changed my condarc file by adding : allow_softlinks: False

Then everything worked. Do you have any idea why the softlinks are the problem ? Because in a vagrant virtual machine it works ...

Cheers.