Is there a way to sanity check an environment's installed packages?

1 view

Skip Montanaro

Jan 8, 2018, 3:57:59 PM1/8/18
to conda - Public
I discovered a problem today with one of my Conda environments, one
which I updated last week. I had been using a slightly outdated
version of Python 2.7, so I executed "conda update --all". This
morning I had problems. Two of the three symlinks in the libstdcxx-ng
package went missing, causing imports of lxml.etree to fail because
the next version of libstdc++.so.6 found on my LD_LIBRARY_PATH was too
old, and didn't provide the the necessary CXXABI_X.Y.Z values. The
solution was to force install the libstdcxx-ng package again.

I believe I have seen installed files "go missing" before. It makes me
wonder if there is a "conda verify" command floating around. Is it as
simple as comparing the "files" value in the package's
conda-meta/...json file with what's in the environment (ignoring
whether or not symlink targets exist)?

Thx,

Skip Montanaro