"QGtkStyle could not resolve GTK." error when using matplotlib

Xunius Xu

Sep 2, 2016, 4:08:27 AM9/2/16
to conda
Hi all,

I was trying out one sample animiation script provided by matplotlib (http://matplotlib.org/1.4.1/examples/animation/simple_3danim.html) in my conda env, where I installed nothing but python2.7, numpy and matplotlib.

Upon launching the script I got the following error:
```
QGtkStyle could not resolve GTK. Make sure you have installed the proper libraries.
```

So, what exactly is missing and how do I install them?

PS I'm using on a Manjaro Linux machine.

Thanks a lot
Jason