conda build --output gives previously built package version

faph

Oct 1, 2015, 11:53:54 AM10/1/15
to conda - Public
I'm really getting into this conda-thing, so I decided to make a simple script that does a `conda build` on a pure python package (different python versions), then
does `conda convert` to other platforms and finally uploads the lot to anaconda.org.

I'm using `conda build conda-recipe --python=3.4 --output` to get the package name for subsequent conversion and uploading.

However, when I call `conda build ... --output` before building the package it returns the previously built package's version (the actually package name is ok, it's just the version part that's wrong). So I changed it to calling this after the build instead. But why is this? Intentionally?

I noticed that when I actualy `conda build` the recipe it does the same when printing `BUILD START {packagename}-{previous_version}-{build}`.

I'm on win-64. My conda recipe gets the version from a git repo tag.