Incompatible libm from system-5.8 package

Milos Miljkovic

Feb 16, 2015, 10:13:36 AM2/16/15
to co...@continuum.io
I compiled opencv-2.10.1 with ffmpeg support. libx264 requires libm with glibc-2.15, but conda system-5.8 packages old math and Fortran libs, and include file from ancient CentOS 5.8.

Are there any side effects of sym linking to local system libs or is there a better solution?

Aaron Meurer

Feb 16, 2015, 11:49:20 AM2/16/15
to Milos Miljkovic, conda
Will the symlink be a different filename from the one in the system package?

Aaron Meurer

Milos Miljkovic

Feb 16, 2015, 2:36:46 PM2/16/15
to co...@continuum.io, mmiljk...@gmail.com
Yes, change symlink from:

ln -s /home/uranus/miniconda3/envs/_test/lib/libm-2.5.so  /home/uranus/miniconda3/envs/_test/lib/libm.so.6

to:

ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm-2.19.so /home/uranus/miniconda3/envs/_test/lib/libm.so.6

Aaron Meurer

Feb 16, 2015, 2:46:39 PM2/16/15
to Milos Miljkovic, conda
In that case, it won't work so well, because you'll have two packages
with the same filename. Which one would be used would depend on what
order conda installs the two packages.

There are already several known issues with libm
(https://github.com/ContinuumIO/anaconda-issues/issues/182). I think
we should just see if we can remove it, or at least update it.

Aaron Meurer

Milos Miljkovic

Feb 17, 2015, 8:45:33 AM2/17/15
to co...@continuum.io, mmiljk...@gmail.com
Thanks for the help. I saw a post on OpenCV Answers where the symlink was changed with no apparent adverse effects. I am for what you proposed in Issue 182.

Aaron Meurer

Feb 17, 2015, 12:18:07 PM2/17/15
to Milos Miljkovic, conda
You can change the symlink in an existing environment. The issue is
that if you change the symlink in the package itself, it will cause
issues depending on whether opencv or system was installed most
recently.

Aaron Meurer