Should conda unzip src tarball before calculating checksums?

Will F

Feb 21, 2015, 8:55:02 AM2/21/15
to co...@continuum.io
I have the following in meta.yaml:

source:
  fn: popt-1.16.tar.gz
  url: http://rpm5.org/files/popt/popt-1.16.tar.gz
  md5: 3743beefa3dd6247a73f8f7a32c14c33

I've found that when I run 'conda build .'  I get a MD5 mismatch as conda unzips (but doesn't unpack) the tarball before calculating the checksum.  Is this expected behaviour?  It's not particularly intuitive: I thought the most obvious behaviour would be to calculate the checksum on the file as downloaded.

Cheers,

Will

Aaron Meurer

Feb 23, 2015, 4:52:05 PM2/23/15
to Will F, conda
Thanks for the bug report. It looks like requests automatically
decodes gz, so I had to manually disable that. I have made a fix for
this. I suppose to workaround this until conda is updated, you'll need
to comment out the md5 check in the recipe. Once conda downloads the
file once it caches it forever, so you can check it manually in the
~/anaconda/conda-bld/src_cache if you are worried about it.

Aaron Meurer