bug reporting package not found

Chris Barker

Mar 23, 2017, 12:27:18 AM3/23/17
to conda
it seems that conda install has forgotten how to report a not-found package.

if I have a file: requirements.txt with:

some_non_existant_package

and run:

$ conda install --file requirements.txt
Fetching package metadata .............

I get:

PackageNotFoundError: Package not found: Conda could not find '

that's it -- just the '

not very helpful when you have a 30 or so packages in the requirements file!

I could have sworn it used to give more info.

$ conda --version
conda 4.3.14

Thanks,

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris....@noaa.gov

Ian Stokes Rees

Mar 23, 2017, 12:41:46 AM3/23/17
to co...@continuum.io
I reported this to the conda GH issue tracker last week.  Apparently someone is working on fixing this right now:

https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/4880

Ian Stokes-Rees, PhD
Computational Scientist, Product Marketing Manager
1.617.942.0218
ijst...@continuum.io
@ContinuumIO @ijstokes

Anaconda Powered By Continuum Analytics

Chris Barker

Mar 23, 2017, 1:12:19 AM3/23/17
to Ian Stokes Rees, conda
On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 9:41 PM, Ian Stokes Rees <ijst...@continuum.io> wrote:
I reported this to the conda GH issue tracker last week.  Apparently someone is working on fixing this right now:

https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/4880

great, thanks! -- I suppose I should have gone there first....

-CHB