where is the channel list stored in an environment?

Chris Withers

May 2, 2018, 7:13:04 AM5/2/18
to conda - Public
Hey,

So, picky just told me my channel list didn't match the order of what I had in my environment.lock.yaml:
https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/7238

...but then I went digging and couldn't find any list of channels in ~/miniconda3/envs/myenv. Where is it stored?

Inside an activated env, conda config --show-sources doesn't appear to give the same list as that in conda env export. Is that expected?

This code suggests that maybe it isn't stored anywhere, which is a bit concerning. I also can't find anything in conda env create that actually sets the channels, where does it get them from?

I have to admit, all the TODO and FIXME in that code makes me pretty sad...

cheers,

Chris