trying to install spotify luigi using conda manager

Michal Szczecinski

May 26, 2015, 12:22:33 AM5/26/15
to co...@continuum.io, anac...@continuum.io
Hi,
I would like to move from pip with virtualenv wrapper to conda for setting up analytics environments in my company.
I want to install spotify lugi for managing data pipelines

I use anaconda with python 3 and even though I have found number of channels with different lugi versions I tried them all and I am getting conflict:

conda install --channel https://conda.binstar.org/derickl luigi

Fetching package metadata: ......

Solving package specifications: ..

Error: Unsatisfiable package specifications.

Generating hint:

[                    ]|                                                                                                                                                                                      |   0%

Hint: the following packages conflict with each other:

  - luigi

  - python 3.3*

From looking at luigi websites I thought it should be supporting python 3, does it mean that none of the channels have included version that support python 3 or is there something else at play here?

New to conda and would really appreciate help with getting this set up. Should I switch back to python 2.7 ?

Thank you and best regards,

Michal

Aaron Meurer

May 26, 2015, 4:23:34 PM5/26/15
to Michal Szczecinski, conda, anaconda
I built a Python 3 package for luigi for OS X on my binstar channel. Use

conda config --add channels asmeurer
conda install luigi

Aaron Meurer

michal szczecinski

May 26, 2015, 10:09:08 PM5/26/15
to Aaron Meurer, conda, anaconda
great, that has worked, thank you Aaron. :)
On May 27, 2015, at 4:23 AM, Aaron Meurer <aaron....@continuum.io> wrote:

conda install luigi